Build Deeper Roots With Community Alliance
A community reentry program designed for second chances.
At Community Alliance, we offer integrated health care services to address mental health concerns, physical health needs, and social wellbeing. Our mission is to help everyone who comes through our doors find a more hopeful and purposeful quality of life. Through the development of our Vocational Life Skills Reentry Program, we can provide these same targeted services to help individuals successfully transition from prison to a productive and fulfilling life within their community.
What Is a Vocational Life Skills Reentry Program?
A goal-oriented reentry program targets the key areas most important for reformed individuals to succeed upon leaving prison. At Community Alliance, we take a holistic approach to community reentry by providing services that center around the mental health, physical health, and social support needs of individuals as they start focusing on a new chapter of life.
Through a dedicated team that consists of a supervising team lead, care coordinator, peer support specialist, employment specialist, and licensed professional with training in both mental health and substance use, participants have direct access to the tools needed to reintegrate into everyday life.
While we work to increase public safety by removing and reducing barriers to successful reentry for individuals with mental health concerns, we will also help them understand that there is a clear path to becoming productive and contributing members of society. Ultimately, we want to empower individuals suffering from mental health or substance use disorders to achieve and sustain a meaningful, fulfilling life for themselves.
How Can Community Alliance Make a Difference?
Through a uniquely holistic approach, we can help each individual in the VLS reentry program focus on their needs:
- Help to access driver’s license, birth certificate, or other identification
- Getting disability, Medicaid, or other benefits reinstated
- Transportation assistance
- Securing transitional or permanent housing
- Employment workshops to teach interview skills and seek job opportunities in the community.
- Taking advantage of community resources
- Support as you reconnect with your family and community
- Parenting classes
- Mental health support for you and your loved one.
We know healthcare can be intimidating. Our vocational program helps with that too. At Community Alliance, we offer services including:
- Mental health and counseling services
- Primary Care, including an on-site pharmacy
- Daytime programming
- Peer support
- A crisis warm-line you can call with any urgent questions
- Substance use support groups
Community Alliance team members will engage with the individual prior to release, when possible, and collaborate with discharge social work staff to create an individualized reentry plan. We understand that no two cases are alike, and so we focus our efforts where we can make the greatest impact.
How Can You Help Our Mission?
The Community Alliance VLS Reentry Program can only be successful with the support and advocacy of social workers, parole officers, family, and friends.
We encourage you to be a champion for future participants by educating yourself on the benefits of reintegration support from CA. By sharing what you learn with future participants, you can help these individuals see a future in which they can make a positive impact and find fulfillment.
Take the first step by setting up a preliminary Risk/Needs/Responsivity (RNR) Assessment with our team.
VLS Partner Organizations
To accompany the offerings for participants in our reentry program, we have opened our arms to the local community to find other organizations to partner with who share our commitment to helping reformed individuals build deeper roots within their community.
We encourage you to explore the additional resources and support services available to individuals from our partner organizations:
Vocational Life Skills (VLS) Reentry Program One-Sheet
We value your questions, comments and information requests and will respond to you in as timely manner as we can.
* This contact form is not monitored on a 24 hour / 7 day a week basis. If you are experiencing a mental health crisis and need to speak to someone right away, do not use this form. Call your doctor, therapist, or crisis support number. If you have a medical or psychiatric emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.