Employment Training Specialist
- Help to develop supported employment sites in which to conduct vocational programming.
- Observe job sites, conducting job analyses, and preparing curriculum for jobs to be performed by the program participants.
- Teach and coach program participants regarding job skills as well as the work and social demands of the job.
- Supervise program participants at work sites and work cooperatively with the on-site work supervisor.
- Provide post placement services to assist program participants with job retention.
- Bachelor's degree in vocational rehabilitation or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Basic knowledge and skills in mental health philosophy and services, as well as behavior intervention practices.
- Ability and willingness to work varied hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to initiate and complete tasks with moderate to minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
- Possession of valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Previous experience serving adults with mental illness.
- Experience preparing and placing clients in jobs.