Day Rehabilitation Specialist I
Under the direction and supervision of the site supervisor, an individual employed in this position serves as a member of our collaborative Day Rehabilitation team.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Facilitate psycho education groups which promotes skill development and personal recovery.
- Positively assess individual mental health, co-occurring, and functional strengths and needs.
- Develop and implement plans for goal achievement and evaluate short- and long-term progress on a regular and continuous basis in accordance with program policies and standards.
- Actively assist and promote client development and utilization of relapse prevention plan and wellness self-management goals.
- Has Bachelor's degree in human service or related field, or two years post high school course work in a human services field plus two years relevant experience/training of a professional nature.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in mental health rehabilitation and recovery principles, service delivery, and behavior intervention/management practices on direct service level.
- Has basic knowledge of characteristics and needs of persons with a serious mental illness, including persons with co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorders.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain effective working relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds including persons with serious mental illness and co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorders, family members, behavioral health professionals, government representatives, and the public at large.
- Demonstrates professional and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses a valid driver's license and good driving record, or ability to arrange for reliable transportation.